Santa Monica Car Accident Attorneys
Living in Southern California makes us so dependent on our cars. So any damage to your car, or personal injury as a result of an automobile or motorcycle accident, can be very stressful. Repairing the damage to your property, getting needed medical attention, dealing with the insurance companies, having to take the time off of work and unexpected expenses can all be overwhelming.
You don't have to face these challenges alone. Schwimer Weinstein will take care of all aspects of your auto accident or personal injury claim and aggressively fight to make sure that you get the compensation that you’re entitled to. If you are not sure of whether or not you have a valid car accident personal injury claim, contact our office today for a free, no-obligation consultation with a Santa Monica personal injury attorney.
Common causes of auto accidents in Los Angeles.
Many, if not most, of the car accidents in Los Angeles are caused by driver negligence. Under California law, a driver is negligent when they fail to act with reasonable care, and that failure that results in harm or damage to another person. Other forms of negligence include running a red light, failing to yield, and ignoring the speed limit.
Common causes of auto accidents in Los Angeles include:
- Running a red light
- Failing to yield to pedestrians or cyclists
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Disregard of weather or traffic conditions
- Improper u-turns
- Running a red light
Common auto accident injuries.
After a car accident, it is critical to seek emergency medical treatment for injuries and to continue seeking ongoing treatment to make a full physical recovery. Documenting medical treatment will help you prove the extent of your injuries, allowing you to seek a full financial recovery.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Soft tissue injuries occur when connective tissue such as tendons, ligaments and muscles are damaged by a strong impact.
- Broken bones: Impact with the interior components of the car, such as the steering wheel, dashboard and airbags can cause broken wrists, arms, legs and ribs.
- Brain Injuries: Brain and head injuries can range from a concussion to traumatic brain injury.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Cuts and lacerations can be caused by loose objects in the car, shattered car windows and mirrors, and bent metal.
- Spinal cord injuries: Whiplash is the most common type of back injury after an accident, however, more serious spinal cord injuries may lead to paralysis or even death.
What can you recover from an auto accident?
If you were injured in an auto accident in California, you are entitled to seek compensation for compensatory damages in order to make a full financial recovery. In a personal injury lawsuit, damages come in two forms: economic damages and non-economic damages.
- Payment of your medical bills
- Compensation for future medical care
- Reimbursement of your out-of-pocket expenses
- Getting your vehicle repaired or replaced
- Obtaining a rental vehicle or compensation for the loss of use of your vehicle
- Recovery of lost wages or other financial losses
- Compensation for your pain & suffering
We deal with the insurance companies so you don’t have to.
We know how to deal with insurance companies and will fight to ensure that your rights are protected. In many cases, insurance companies will try to place fault on the victim or make “low-ball” settlement offers in an attempt to lessen the amount of damages that they’re responsible for. Since the burden to prove fault ultimately rests with the injured party, it can put the victim of a negligent driver in a tough position. However, our knowledge, expertise and aggressiveness will ensure that all factors are taken into account so you get the compensation you deserve.
Get the compensation you deserve.
While the insurance companies are interested in paying you the least amount of money they can to settle your auto accident claim, it’s always a good idea to consult one of our personal injury lawyer immediately after your accident so we can conduct a thorough investigation and preserve vital evidence that may be important to fight the insurance companies.
We can help. Contact Schwimer Weinstein to schedule your initial consultation.